Donald Trump says theres two reasons why

One of the most pre sing i sues facing America has to do with figuring out why the NFL's TV ratings are down this year. OK, that's not actually a pre sing i sue this election season, but that doesn't mean presidential candidates aren't talking about it. For instance, take Donald Trump. During a , Andreas Borgman Jersey the Republican presidential nominee gave his two theories on why the NFL's ratings are down this season. Reason No. 1: People are paying more attention to politics than football. "I don't know if you know, but the NFL is way down in their ratings," Trump said. "And you know why? Two reasons: Number one is this politics they're finding is a much rougher game than football, and more exciting, and this -- honestly we've taken a lot of people away from the NFL." Even Roger Goodell would probably agree with that Adam Cracknell Jersey . The NFL commi sioner admitted in October that two NFL primetime games got slaughtered in the ratings by presidential debates that were being held at the same time. Anyway, so what's the other reason for the NFL's falling ratings? Jake Gardiner Jersey Trump blamed things on a certain 49ers quarterback. "The other reason is Colin Kaepernick," Trump said. "Kaepernick." Basically, Trump is saying that people are tuning out because they don't care to watch Kaepernick protest against social injustice every week. Goodell's not buying that theory Nic Petan Kids Jersey . "No, we don't think that's a factor and our network partners don't either," the commi sioner said . As for all other theories, if you've got a good one, Goodell is listening. "Everyone's got theories, you guys have theories, others have theories. We work closely with our network partners," Goodell said. "We see tremendous strength in our numbers, but we also know that two primetime games that were seeing the most Bruce Boudreau Kids Jersey dramatic decrease went straight up against two very significant debates. There are a lot of factors to be considered. We don't make excuses. We look at it and we try to figure out what's changing." The good news for Goodell and the NFL is that if the election is causing the ratings dip, that dip should end soon. The election is set for Nov. 8.