With one exception, I've been generally thrilled with the slate of Extreme Trials that Final Fantasy XIV:

dakunlee

With one exception, I've been generally thrilled with the slate of Extreme Trials that Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker has brought to the desk; and part of that become seeing how cool the Lynx motif changed into this time around. Previous expansions have continually had a theme which each set of Extreme Trial mounts might abide by using; A Realm Reborn had players accumulating horses, and the reward for accumulating all of them was the Golden Kirin. Heavensward had gamers gathering birds, and the praise was a Phoenix. Stormblood had players gathering wolves, and the praise turned into a Nine-tailed Fox. Finally, Shadowbringers had players accumulating Wyverns and the reward became a mechanical Dragon.

While the closing praise changed into never an actual suit for what the bottom Extreme Trial mounts have been, its always been clean to make the connection between what players may additionally were amassing for the last year and a half of to what the reward might be; so up till in advance this year maximum, if not all, players anticipated a few kind of large cat for Endwalker's praise for amassing all the Extreme Trial Lynx mounts. Maybe we would get something like Couerlregina as a mount; or with any luck some thing new to match the topic! While different players had been dissatisfied with patch 6.Four's Savage Raid mount, I cherished that it turned into both some thing one-of-a-kind from other mounts to be had in the game, even as still staying thematically appropriate for the content you received it from. So, I turned into FF14 Gil in my view looking forward to something alongside the equal traces with the fruits of Endwalker's Trial mounts.

Well, that has not been the case, with players instead receiving the "Aprocyphal Bahamut" mount referencing Bahamut from Final Fantasy IV. As cool as I think the reference is, I suppose I can communicate for many players once I say that I'm more than a bit careworn - and possibly a piece disenchanted. While it's real that Endwalker's patch quests had been basically one large Final Fantasy IV reference, and indeed four of the enlargement's Trials had been lifted directly from the SNES traditional, that still means 3 of the growth's Trials have had not anything to do with Final Fantasy IV; and indeed this nonetheless singles out Endwalker's Trial praise because the peculiar one out as far as Final Fantasy XIV is concerned.

Plenty of players are happy with the brand new mount, of course, and I would not dare say that it should not be in the game; however I do marvel if possibly it wasn't misplaced. What if it was a reward some place else inside the enlargement; as a praise for engaging with PvP, or the new Deep Dungeon, or maybe Island Sanctuary. While I do not always condone the idea, why couldn't it have been released as a part of a celebration for this year's Fanfest? Another Final Fantasy IV reference, the Lunar Whale, turned into additionally tied to a Fanfest in the past, after all. Though that, of direction, approach that the mount that we got for Buy FF14 Gil this 12 months's festivities would've likely had to had been placed someplace else, too.